Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bodega Lurton 2007 Torrontes


Yum! I have to be honest, I have no clue where I bought this wine, but if I had to guess I would say that it came from the 3 for $10 bin at Casalli's in Rhode Island. The front of the store is dedicated to these boxes of wine that you can mix and match and I like to just grab a bunch when I'm there because really, sometimes the night calls for a $3.33 wine. Like tonight for instance, a hot humid, Monday night, the quiche is in the oven and I need myself a little bit o vino. So, here we go, here is what I think of it. 


My wine varietal chart states that Torrontes is spicy, floral, grapefruit, soapy and spicy. The nose is full of grapefruit, but almost like a candied grapefruit, not like fresh, and definitely aromatic/floral. The taste surprised me, acidic yes, but it balances out with this great mellow mouth feel that is really great. I don't know a ton about Torrontes, but after this wine I will definitely seek this varietal out more often, just to learn more about it and compare it to this wine. 


The Particulars
Winery: Bodega Lurton
Varietal: Torrontes

DOC: Mendoza, Argentina
Vintage: 2007
Alcohol: 13%
Price:  $3.33 - sells typically for $7-$10

No comments:

Post a Comment